1.19.2010

life.lately

It is that time again where I begin to contemplate huge life decisions. My life seems to be so cyclical! I think that around this time every year, I start thinking about the following:
  • What should I do for the rest of my life?
  • When should we buy a house?
  • Where will be my next traveling adventure?

You know....the norm. However, I finally am on-track to working on solutions to all three of these questions!

SCHOOL: I started seeing a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) and have never felt so good! She was encouraging and most of all redirected everything to the positive, so that I would stay positive. My appointments with her are for an hour and are very detailed as far as answering any questions I may have and developing an action plan. This got me to thinking about the 3 main things that pop into my head, when I think about a career I would want. They would be teacher/nurse or midwife/counselor. This profession seems to integrate them all! I am really interested in getting my ND, although I severely lack confidence at times to actually pursue it. I am, however, going to the ND open house at Bastyr this Friday (the BEST and one of the only ND schools located here in WA - http://www.bastyr.edu/). The cool thing is too, that my co-worker is interested in the program as well, so we may be able to take some pre-reqs. together! I cannot begin to explain how excited I am. If I decide to not go for the ND, midwifery is also a huge contender.

HOUSE: Jesse and I are making plans to save next year for our down payment and move next Summer (fingers crossed!!). This will be such a relief considering that we own 5 pets and it is really hard to find rentals. We are *hoping* to stay in Snoqualmie if at all possible. I can't get enough of this small town and the family atmosphere it has. We have starting going to an awesome church (http://www.calvarychapelnorthbend.com/) that is such an encouragment to us. All reasons we want to stay put (not to mention the FD).

TRAVELING ADVENTURE: We are going to HA in November, but I really want to go to Haiti to be apart of the relief effort and a light for Jesus there! Our church is praying about sending a team and I am praying to see if the Lord would want me to be apart of it, so we will see....

Other than that, cut my hair and lost some weight - good times! The biggest blessing of this month has definitely been being on a fast! It is amazing how the Lord makes things clear when you sacrifice and seek after Him. Praise Him for that!


No comments: