![]() |
| I think it is hilarious that we were basically wearing the same shirt this morning. |
Today's results were: 8.4 lbs. lost for a total of 86.4 lbs. since October 29th!
Heck yeah, buddy! I am so thankful that the Lord has brought me this far and for my amazing accountability partner and bestie, Falishah! Today truly felt like sunshine beaming down on me after going through a long, soggy PNW winter.
Last weigh-in re-motivated me (again) to try harder. So, I amped up my workout regime to 6 days/week and tried to cut-out some of the processed foods I had been eating. It worked! This is the moment where I am just going to say that there is something wrong with all of the processed junk we've been ingesting for years. It is crazy that you can eat the same number of calories, but eating different types of food will give you success.
I know that research has shown time and time again the negative effects of "diet food" or other processed items and my life is an example of that. My encouragement is to those, like me in the past, that would reach for anything low-fat, non-fat, or diet - to make a change and go for those whole foods! I've heard it said many times (most recently by my friend Rondi) to shop the outside perimeter of the grocery store - and it's true! Your blood work and the way your body feels will be a testimony in and of itself. One example for me is that I experience knee pain every time I eat a lot of sugar or flour or drink too much alcohol. So much so, that it is challenging to walk down stairs. This never happens when I am eating whole foods - not a coincidence.
![]() |
| I always seem to have a bun in all these pictures...must be rushing out the door Mondays... |
Being at 227.6 lbs. means that I am only 13.6 lbs. away from losing the big 1-0-0! What a day that will be! Currently, I am trying to accomplish this before Hawaii, so by July 21st. I think I can do it!
Some current victories that I have been experiencing are:
- Being able to do the side plank! This was my nemesis in circuit training and on Friday, I just did it. I was like - "ummm....cool....guess I can do this now!" and then got a high-five from Anya.
- Going further on my Tuesday jogs. Hey, it was .10 miles further, but it is a start.
- Continuing to not let setbacks determine my life's path. It is a new day every day and a new meal every meal, for that matter!
- Feeling the satisfaction of a good workout. Before, I felt like it was a means to an end, but now I feel good after I know I've done my best!
- Seeing my legs get skinnier and my arms get stronger - pretty soon I'll go all Chuck Norris on someone....watch out!
- Learning to love the balance of moderation. Frozen yogurt - sure! A cocktail now and then - absolutely! A whole day full of binging - no no, Carlie!
Some goals I have are:
- Strengthen my core by getting better at the plank (practice, practice, practice)
- Get to 3 miles during my lunch hour on Tuesdays by the end of summer
- Integrate swimming laps this summer with Falish
- Hike with my loved ones (especially that super hot husband of mine (*whistle).
- Learn some new recipes to avoid boredom
- Continue to work on that moderation business
Go Team!!
XOXO - Carlie


3 comments:
What a gal!
MAUI here we come!!! You can totally do it lady! so impressed by you and your accomplishments!
Thanks ladies! Hip hip hooray!!
Post a Comment