3.05.2012

Lent: Day 12

Facts about me today? I am having a lovefest with Nutritional Yeast. I am currently baking Kale Crisps with a delicious mixture on them based on this recipe from http://prideandvegudice.com/2011/06/12/cheesy-kale-chips/. The only thing I omitted was the cashews. I have eaten it on my popcorn with salt (amazing). I plan to use it in every future recipe possible. It can give a somewhat cheesy taste when mixed with the right things and has a ton of protein and other great nutritional benefits. Amazing. Now I know why a ton of vegan recipes use it!

In other news, I feel like my body really is cleansing these past couple of weeks. I have had quite a few headaches and felt exhausted (which I am home today because I woke up with a headache and felt like yuck). One thing I am learning is to make sure and eat more often, because the calories I am eating have been drastically reduced.

I can feel the Lord giving me strength through this journey and I am so excited, because I finally feel like I am having a change of lifestyle, not just dieting.

Yay!

No comments: