3.07.2012

Lent: Day 14

I've been thinking about inspiration...

...and things that inspire me. Here are some things that currently inspire me....

Lyla & Blu: This Tumblr embodies the type of photographer I would love to be and my current love of the industrial look. Where fashion, lifestyle, and design all come together in one, beautiful place. Swoon.

My friends and family. They are amazing people full of talent. I love them and they make me want to do more and be more.

Kinfolk Magazine: The photography makes me smile and I love the laid-back approach to entertaining that they have. 

RUE: Pretty design and fashion on every page. 

Oh She Glows: This vegan blogger has the best recipes ever! As a recent convert to mostly veganism, it is so helpful to have recipes you can go to and that taste great! 

Stories of faith and overcoming life's challenges. 
--> I recently read a blog where a woman and her husband have lost about 200lbs. each, without surgery! They just said enough is enough and went for it. I love that for so many reasons, but it is inspiring to read their journey (read about them here).
--> Another story that touched my heart was by one of the youth in our youth group (my brother is the pastor and I volunteer as a youth worker) who we had been praying for. Her heart was completely hardened against the Lord, but I loved that she was always honest about where she was at (unlike most of us who wear our church-y masks). She had gone to Belize on a mission trip and stood up in front of the church to tell everyone about what the Lord had done in her life. It was like hearing from a completely different person. This was so encouraging to my own faith and the faithfulness of Jesus. 

Just a couple of more recent things that give me joy and inspire my heart. 

Now it's time to do something with that inspiration! 

No comments: