4.22.2013

It's Go Time!

Well, today's weigh-in was less than exciting, but expected. The last weigh-in was done while I was sick, so for this weigh-in I was hoping to just not gain or lose a little.

My dream came true (semi-sarcasm).

I lost a big, fat 1.6 lbs. Can I tell you why this doesn't discourage me? Here is why....
  • This past week I worked hard and ate relatively well, but the week prior I had a winning combination of sickness or eating like I would never eat again while on vacation in AZ/CA (see earlier post - we all need a break). 
  • This is a health journey, emphasis on journey. Some weeks are hard, some are awesome. Sometimes you have to claw your way through a work out and sometimes you run like the majestic cheetah that you are. Sometimes you look in the mirror and see Nicole Richie, other times you see Delta Burke (not trying to hate on that wonderful entrepreneur of plus size under garmets...haha). The journey, just like all others in life has its ups an downs, but you continue on the path, full of optimism and the vision of your future if you continue.
  • Dude......dude.....I weigh 77 freaking lbs. less than I did in November.
  • I have the best support network and set of encourage-rs that have ever existed, ever (this was based on a survey, where I was the sole participant). 
Anyway, I am feeling re-motivated to try my hardest these next few weigh-ins. While I do share my goals often enough, I am not sure if I pinpointed some close ones that are coming soon! 

Goal: 225 lbs. by May 17th, so I can be at the weight limit to sky dive with my grandma when she turns 80 (her idea, not mine). This is actually being pushed back to August or September, but I still want to follow through.

Goal: under 200 lbs. by the time I leave for HI on July 21st - holy crap, I better run every day forever, amen.

Me on 4/22/13, heading to circuit training. Thanks Glor for the picture!
Today's circuit training included:
  • 10 minute or so warm-up (jogging, moving your arms, etc..)
  • 2 circuits of ab torture (6 stations for 45 seconds each, twice)
  • More run/jogging.
  • Relay race
  • High knees
  • Cool down
Good times and I was that weirdly positive person today (like, "let's burn some calories" - said Carlie Curlee). I liked it.
My stupid bruise from tripping while jogging
So, it's go time. It's time to push myself past what I think I can do. It's time to choose strawberries instead of bites of cake. It's time to run down this hill until I reach my goal and then keep running for fun (if that will ever happen). 

XOXO

2 comments:

Hannah's Blog said...

Think of all that muscle you're gaining! I love your positive outlook! And saying farewell to 77 pounds is incredibly exciting!

Carlie//Jesse said...

Woohooo muscle! Love it, Hannah! Thank you!