So what do you do?
You complain to your husband and friends and move on! In my past endeavors, I've allowed this disappointment to throw me into a tailspin of who gives a (insert your favorite word here - I'll say frick). I'm so happy that disappointment not only doesn't stall me anymore, it inspires me to try harder. There is something that has permanently changed in my brain, that will not allow me to go back to my old ways and for that I praise the Lord!
Now, acceptance. I am accepting the fact that I will not make my 225 lb. weight goal by 5/17, but I am also accepting that I've lost 80 lbs. by my gram's 80th! Score! I calculated it and I've lost 25% of my initial body weight or the average 10 to 12 year old. It is like I am free of piggybacking that jerk child around.One thing that I am learning is essential to my success is a plan! One area that I am currently lacking a plan in is my lunches. Sounds so simple, but I am often scrambling for something at work and then am not eating as well as I would like. I think I would like to plan some easy lunches and just like I take the time to pack my adorable husband's lunch, do the same for myself. I need healthy snacks too!
So my revised goals are get to 225, 214, and under 200 lbs. as soon as possible! I still would love to be 199 lbs. or lower by Hawaii, but I'm not going to be bummed if I don't quite make it, because eventually I will!
![]() |
| My family and I on Sunday. |

5 comments:
Carlie..every minus is a great big PLUS!! In my book..you've got the will & the drive to go the distance..I joined a gym today..hope I can do as wellas you...j.
Thank you Jan! Good for you - you can do it, girl! I'm proud of you for taking an awesome first step!
Love you, so proud of you...and you can do it!!!!! Keep it up yo! 80 days till you know what!
80 DAYYYYYZZZ! Love you!
carlie! one of the things i started doing this semester was cleaning and cutting up vegetables on sunday. then, i pack them in tupperware and bring them to work on monday. i make a nice, big salad every weekday (with very little dressing). typically, i have lettuce, snap peas, garbanzo beans, chopped carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and any sometimes cucumbers. for snacks, i share a popcorn bag with the other people in the office. they think i'm being nice, but really, i don't want to get caught eating the whole bag. also, i've found that peanut butter curbs cravings for chocolate or other sweets. just make sure you have water available, if you're gonna' keep peanut butter in the office. do you have any food tips for us?!
Post a Comment