2.23.2012

Lent: Day 1

So....day 1. I'm seeing how this diet would be very hard to keep up as a lifestyle. The reason being that I am on Dr. Esselstyn's heart healthy diet. Basically fruits/veggies/legumes/grains. Limited nuts, no avocado, no coconut, and no OIL. I am not sure that I realized how much oil I consumed until today, when I was shopping at Trader Joes.

Things that have oil in it that I had no idea:
Cereal (what the $*#^)
Dried Fruit (huh??!)
Tortillas (all except corn)

Wow! I guess I just want to ingest oil in every possible food ever. Thanks food manufacturers.

I had the chance to go to an Ash Wednesday service today - it was great. We spent some time in prayer, reflecting on things that we need to repent for. I found myself relating to a lot of what we were praying about. I'm thankful for God's grace and forgiveness in my life.

Cue my Lenten promise - this diet. I am spending these 40 days to rely on the Lord to get me through. I will not weigh myself and pray for that the Lord helps me get past my food issues.

No comments: