I woke up disappointed in the food selection I got at Trader Joes. I woke up thinking - "how I could possibly last another 39 days." One thing is for sure my battle against oil has just begun! I came into work grumpy and snapped at my sweet husband this morning. So far...my repentant heart sucks. Proverbs 31 woman? Yeah right.
Thank goodness for Lamentations 3:23...
"Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning."
In my case - I could use a new beginning with this day. I'm so thankful for friends & family to vent to and who show unending support for me. What a gift from God! My mom is in this with me and said she had a moment like that too, but is determined to make it work! My husband, who I snapped at, followed up with a text message telling me he loved me and a voice-mail pretending to be a fake, Russian assistant confirming our Saturday plans. If talking in a fake accent is not love, I don't know what is.
Also, Shirley Temple's never ending optimism in her music has made my heart happier today.
As a result, I have developed a list of goals:
- Find or make hummus without oil or tahini (for some reason hummus is super important to me right now).
- Find or make oil free dressing for salad!
- Make some pre-made meals this weekend.
- Find healthy/satisfying snacks.
- Learn how to master tofu.
- Most importantly pray that my heart stays content knowing that during this season of lent, I have given up my poor eating lifestyle, in dedication to the Lord and all He has done for me.
Happier days are ahead....
No comments:
Post a Comment